Compulsory Basic Training (CBT)
Scarborough Rider Training is an Approved Training Body (ATB) by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to carry out Compulsory Basic Training. Our instructors work closely with the DVSA and are inspected regularly to ensure that you are receiving a high standard of training.
To undertake CBT, you will need:-
1. UK Driving Licence. You must have a full or provisional UK photocard licence with moped/motorcycle entitlement.
The next step:-
2. Decide on whether you wish to undertake your training on an automatic scooter or a geared motorcycle.
3. Contact Scarborough Rider Training to book your CBT Course.
4. Turn up at our training site with sensible clothing most suited for the weather and activity of riding a motorcycle. Sturdy footwear must be worn – trainers are not recommended.
5. Please allow all day for your training. The Course commences at 8:30am and will finish once our students have received sufficient training to be deemed safe to ride without supervision.
6. Enjoy your introduction to the world of 2 wheels!!
The CBT Course is comprised of 5 elements:-
Element A – Introduction
Element B – Practical on site training
Element C – Practical on site riding
Element D – Practical on road training
Element E – Practical on road riding
The above 5 elements are completed in sequence. The on site riding is carried out in a safe environment away from other road users in order to build your confidence and afford you the time to feel comfortable whilst in control of your machine.
We will then move on to the next element once your Instructor is satisfied that you have learnt the necessary theory and demonstrated the practical skills to a safe basic level.
You will then receive a minimum period of 2 hours practical on road riding under the watchful eye of Graham or Alex who will be in contact with you via radio equipment.